summer of 2021
can close the gap
Why Summer Tutoring?
Summer has always been a time, where students can potentially lose an average of 2-3 months of knowledge, especially in math and reading. There has been a significant achievement gap noted between students that participate in summer learning and those that do not. The COVID-19 pandemic, has potentially caused a greater achievement gap for students throughout the country due to schools being closed for an additional 2-3 months. Fortunately, the summer offers an opportunity to close the gap. Students that participate in our summer program will begin to transition and prepare for the new school year socially, mentally as well as academically.
In order to keep students engaged in education and thinking critically, we are offering the following for Summer of 2021:
Individualized 1-1 Tutoring
Small Group Programs
In-Person and Online Sessions
6, 8 or 10 Week Reading Program (grades k-8)
6, 8 or 10 Week Math Program (grades k-8
Let's Get Ready for Kindergarten Class (online)
Let's Get Ready for Kindergarten Class (in person)
Building a Strong Foundation with Phonics! (in person)
Building a Strong Foundation with Phonics! (online)
Mommy & Me Baking Class (online)
Why Spend Summers at SCA?
Registering with us helps parents ensure their children are continuously engaged in academically thought-provoking lessons and preparing for the new school year.
Prevent the achievement gap for your child! Enroll in the SCA Tutoring Summer Courses!
Summer 2021 Course Offerings
- The Reading Program will excel students' reading abilities and prepare them for the upcoming school year. It provides the opportunity to catch up while empowering other students to get ahead of the class.
- The Math Program will improve, maintain, and expand students' math skills during the summer months and prepare them for the upcoming school year.
- The Let's Get Ready for Kindergarten Class students will participate in circle time to learn literacy and numeracy in preparation for kindergarten.
- The Building a Strong Foundation with Phonics! Class (Level 1 & 2) will help students build a foundation in beginning reading skills such as phonemic awareness, phonics, and decoding words.
- The High School Prep Program will provide an intensive review in four major skill areas for students who wish to strengthen their preparation for high school level work.
- The Mommy & Me Baking Class is a super fun baking experience for moms and children to experience together!